As the “Mr. Irrelevant” (an affectionately dubbed title for the final pick) selection in the 2013 NBA Draft, the Memphis Grizzlies selected Janis Timma, a 6’7 small forward out of Latvia. Timma worked out for the Grizzlies on June 24th. He currently plays for BK Ventspils, it is possible that he will remain in Europe for the 2013-14 season, but it is far from set in stone.
At the ripe age of "far too young to responsibly decide one's NBA allegiance," the Grizzlies' draft selection of his favorite college player, Shane Battier, kick-started the process that roped this New Yorker into a lifestyle of League Pass subscriptions, late nights on the message boards, and awkward looks from Knicks fans.
- Chip Shots – Making the Call: Illegal Screens
- Oh, It’s On, Now! – Game 3 Preview
- Formula 1 Vs. NASCAR
- Entertaining the Masses: Playoff style
- Game 5 Watch Party
- Following up on Game 2 Concerns
- Experiencing an instant classic
- Grizzlies 111, Thunder 105, OT. The Grindfather.
- Looking ahead to Game 2
- Game Two Preview: There’s Nothing Left To Fear Anymore
Want More Grizz News?