No Gravatar

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Up North against the Direwolves... um, Timberwolves...
Steve-
Danziger
Starter
Post Up North against the Direwolves... um, Timberwolves...
on: March 30, 2013, 02:51

Sorry for the uncalled for Game of Thrones reference...

In another bit of unfriendly scheduling as everyone around the league is reeling from the rigors of the 82 game grind down the stretch, the Grizzlies hopped directly on a plane after last night's win against the Rockets to make their way to Minnesota. Back at the Grindhouse, the Grizzlies effectively returned to their roots in the paint, with Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph combining for 42 points against the vertically challenged lineup combinations of Houston and didn't trail at any point throughout the game. They're going to need to carry that magic through to this one, to begin to get their act together on the road.

LuvThem-
Grizzlies
Rookie
Post Re: Up North against the Direwolves... um, Timberwolves...
on: March 30, 2013, 18:13

Everything the Grizzlies did last night was much better than what they had done in the previous 3 away games, I guess we shall see if they return to the guards shooting more than the inside guys. I don't think the Grizzlies will ever be a winning team with the guards trying to leading the way scoring. I may be wrong but I don't think the Timberwolves will be a pushover tonight.

LuvThem-
Grizzlies
Rookie
on: March 31, 2013, 07:23

My goodness, the Grizzlies' bench came out and pushed the Wolves all over the place without Bayless doing any heavy scoring. Marc 8-12 Darrell 6-9, allowed the Grizzlies to shoot over 50 %. This isn't the first time players off the bench have came in and played good, some where playing good against Washington when Hollins took them out and brought Zack Mike and Tony back into the game. I believe when a player or players are playing good, you ride them just like George Karl does.

Steve-
Danziger
Starter
on: April 1, 2013, 00:20

I would agree to an extent about the bench, but it was the same line of thinking that led to the Rockets' downfall against us last Friday. I'm glad the Grizzlies were able to secure the win over Minnesota though. The play of the bench was encouraging to say the least. I hope that they can keep it up.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.048 seconds.