No Gravatar

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grizzlies - Rockets 3/29
Chip
Administrator
Post Grizzlies - Rockets 3/29
on: March 29, 2013, 00:31

The Memphis Grizzlies are finally back home after another disastrous road trip. The Grizzlies have now lost 5 road games in a row but are on a 10 game home winning streak.

Houston just finished an incredibly long 7 game home stand where they went 5-2. Their last road game was a loss in Phoneix. This season the Rockets are 14-21 on the road but want a win to pull closer to Golden State for the 6th playoff seed in the West.

LuvThem-
Grizzlies
Rookie
Post Re: Grizzlies - Rockets 3/29
on: March 29, 2013, 01:16

My post isn't about the Rockets it's about the Grizzlies and I don't see a thread to talk about them. I thought the strength of the Grizzlies is supposed to be Gasol and Randolph, so why are Conley and Bayless taking the vast majority of shots? In the Knicks game they shot 47% of the shots taken, 33-70, not counting shots taken where fouls are called, Gasol and Randolph took 10. Now everyone is complaining about Randolph but he only got 3 shots against NY and I felt Lionel put him at a terrible disadvantage trying to guard Shumpert. In the past 4 games Conley and Bayless have taken 122 shots, 56 for MC and 66 for JB, Gasol and Randolph have only taken 58 but Gasol missed 2 games so if you double his output from the games he play they would have taken 78 shots, with MG taking 40 and ZR 38, how is this going to their strength. Everyone knows longer shots produce longer rebounds and those fuel a team like NY to run and shoot open 3s. On 2 consecutive plays Wednesday Night Bayless and Conley came down and shot the ball, both missed, when Gasol had his man pinned waiting for a pass in. He wasn't in any position to try to rebound the shot. Conley took 18 shots but only had 6 assists, Bayless 0, the Grizzlies had only 13 total assists on 33 made shots which is something like a 42% average whereas when the Grizzlis were playing good they were getting in the high 50s-mid 60s or maybe even higher. I felt like the Grizzlies got a terrible non call when Melo rammed Gasol at the FT line allowing him to get the loose ball. that really hurt.

Steve-
Danziger
Starter
on: March 29, 2013, 14:34

I think the thing with Randolph was more about the fact that the double teams were forcing him to turn it over. He put up only 3 shots, but it wasn't for lack of touches. He turned the ball over 5 times in the Knicks game. In the Wizards game he got 8 shots with 4 turnovers. It seems to me that his issue has been positioning. He has been getting the ball but it's not quite in the spots that he can score from. There are only so many times you can get the ball, kick it back out, and expect to get it back on a repost. Especially if you keep turning the ball over.

I agree completely that the Grizzlies need to get back to their bread and butter which is getting the ball into the post. My fear is that this ties into a bigger problem, which is opponents figuring out the book on how to defend the Grizzlies post-Rudy Gay. There was a bit of a lag factor on this which allowed them to surge in late February/early March, but it appears that now it's Hollins' staff's move to adjust.

The Rockets are another team tonight that are going to try and keep the ball moving in the open floor, so the Grizzlies' ability to slow it down and pound the paint will be crucial.

LuvThem-
Grizzlies
Rookie
on: March 29, 2013, 22:24

Gasol has the highest shooting % of the starters on the team yet he only got 7 shots, yet you have 2 guards putting up 18 and 15 shots. If he can run up and down the court and defend, it sure looks like to me he should be capable of shooting the ball as well. He should be shooting more than anyone else, plus he is great at passing the ball. The Grizzlies usually fall apart everytime he comes out of the line up. I think Tony Wroten should be playing more, from what I've seen he is a pretty good shooter and he's tall so he can shoot over most point guards. He can throw passes over players that Conley and Bayless get tipped or intercepted.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.057 seconds.