No Gravatar

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First-Seeded Spurs Head to the Forum
Steve-
Danziger
Starter
Post First-Seeded Spurs Head to the Forum
on: April 1, 2013, 00:29

Memphis looks to snag a win tonight, which would solidify just the second 50 win season for the franchise, and match the team's highest single season win total of all time with eight games remaining. In spite of all the turmoil this season, perceived or real, they have managed to keep the majority of it where it belongs: behind the scenes.

To achieve the 50 win mark tonight all they must do is defeat the San Antonio Spurs... surely a tall order. The Grizzlies have the home crowd behind them as well as the national stage on NBA TV as they attempt to do so. Home court advantage has been huge for the Grizzlies as of late, displayed by their winning 11 straight at the Grindhouse, where they haven't lost since a February 5th meeting with the Suns.

In their last outing, the Grizz amounted a double digit victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves, but in very unassuming fashion. The bench played well, which is an encouraging sign, and they're going to need more of that against tonight's opponent.

Chip
Administrator
Post Re: First-Seeded Spurs Head to the Forum
on: April 1, 2013, 00:35

The Grizzlies need this win to settle things up against the Spurs for the season at 2-2 and to head off on the road with some momentum. This year has been difficult for teams on the road.

Chip
Administrator
on: April 1, 2013, 12:08

Spurs have decided to rest Tim Duncan and Kawhi Leonard claiming sore left knees for both
Players. Manu Ginobili is out as well.

Chip
Administrator
on: April 1, 2013, 13:01

Keyon Dooling rumored to be signing with Grizzlies today.

LuvThem-
Grizzlies
Rookie
on: April 1, 2013, 13:04

I'd rather have Delonte West.

Chip
Administrator
on: April 1, 2013, 15:55

Quote from LuvThem Grizzlies on April 1, 2013, 13:04
I'd rather have Delonte West.

Why?

LuvThem-
Grizzlies
Rookie
on: April 1, 2013, 22:02

I think Delonte is a better player and scorer than Keyon. I know that Delonte has mental problems but I have seen him play some really good ball in the playoffs. Delonte wasn't the reason the Cavs didin't win when he was in Cleveland, Mo Williams was, there were times he couldn't have thrown a basketball in the Ohio River.

Chip
Administrator
on: April 1, 2013, 22:31

Thank you to Memphis Slim for giving me a ticket to tonight's game. I had a super time. Thank you Jon Holloway for selling me the tickets so my wife and step-daughter could attend as well. Thank you Detroit for giving us Tayshawn and for beating Toronto tonight to improve our 2nd round pick. Most of all, thank you Mike Conley coming up huge in the closing minutes to beat the Spurs and give the Grizzlies their 50th win of the season and their club record 11th straight home win.

I want to thank Indiana a bit prematurely as well.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.106 seconds.