No Gravatar

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A suggestion for improvement
srmjr23
Rookie
Post A suggestion for improvement
on: December 31, 2013, 03:00

Hello!

This is my first post, and I'm hoping it will be the first of many. I realize the forum isn't very active, but that won't change unless people post! I'll do my part. I realize there is a suggestion forum, but I noticed there are literally no posts, so I figured the chances anyone would see it are low. For that reason, I also have my two cents to contribute to the current Grizz dilemma. There is a lot of talks of what trades would be good and those are all important, and I do think a trade will happen, but I think the bigger question is when. I feel like it would be too hasty to jump at anything immediately. Toward the trade deadline I think we'll have a much clearer idea of our chances of making the playoffs. Thus, it will make our decision making much easier. This is all obvious but I think it's a point that many panicky fans overlook. In terms of what I think we should be looking for, that has changed since James Johnson joined the team. I felt that we needed a more athletic SF for all of the reasons that show up when he's on the floor. Now I feel like the biggest area we need to focus on is backup point guard. Bayless just isn't it. Moving forward Bayless at the one just isn't going to get it done. There might be some scenario where we run him at the two, but I think what's more likely is that we include him in a package with Prince and either Koufas or Ed Davis. I'll leave the details to the FO, and after the JJ signing, I'll deffer to their judgment in terms of talent. Ideally though, we'd move Prince and Bayless for a PG and run JJ in the starting lineup. That way it doesn't hurt so much having to run both Prince and Tony Allen at the same time to start the game. The thought of Mike Conley, Tony Allen, James Johnson, ZBo, Marc lineup is very intriguing. Obviously the issue then becomes who do we run at the three coming off the bench. I think that question is less important though. Anyway, these are my thoughts and I'm hoping someone actually sees this, because lord knows no one ever will over on the Grizzlies NBA forums. No one maintains it and I have not been able to get validated. Chip, maybe you can do something about that?! Thanks for listening and Go Grizz!

cagrizz
Rookie
Post Re: A suggestion for improvement
on: January 7, 2014, 00:42

I really think we need to move Prince. How we do that I'm not sure but I think that should be the top priority. I really liked the move with trading Bayless for Lee. I think it will work out great for us.

Chip
Administrator
Post Re: A suggestion for improvement
on: January 10, 2014, 06:17

Well the team is making moves now. Courtney Lee is likely the first but cleat not the last move since Calathes clearly isn't the answer at PG.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.056 seconds.